At Grant Laughter Jewelry, we believe that jewelry is more than just something you wear – it can be used to enhance a wonderful moment. It’s our goal to provide you with the fine jewelry needed to make your special occasions feel even greater. One of these occasions that jewelry can help magnify is that of a wedding day; we’ll be glad to give you some tips for picking out jewelry on this special day.
Is It Necessary for Bridal Jewelry to Match?
No. It’s as simple as that. While in days’ past, it was important to have everything match, we all have our own styles that work for us. Don’t limit yourself to what you can and can’t do with your jewelry – just do what feels right.
Bridal Jewelry Dos and Don’ts
In order to help you out with your choice of jewelry, we’d like to give you a list of several bridal jewelry dos and don’ts.
- Do mix borrowed jewelry with new – Because bridal jewelry doesn’t necessarily have to match, it can be a nice touch to throw in an heirloom or another vintage item into an otherwise modern style.
- Do bring your headpiece when you’re trying on earrings – If you’re wearing a headpiece, make sure to bring it when you’re trying on earrings. You want the earrings to flow properly with the headpiece and enhance your look – not clash against it.
- Do consider the color of your jewelry – When picking out jewelry to wear, you’ll also want to think about how the color scheme will fit into the outfit you’ll wear. You can use the jewelry to match your style or provide a little contrast and stand out.
- Do consider your ring as its own entity – You shouldn’t pay attention to the finish of your wedding ring when considering the finish for your bridal jewelry. Think more about the color of your skin and gown.
Bridal Jewelry Don’ts
- Don’t wear a watch – Wearing a watch is a very inelegant choice to make, especially when you could be wearing a beautiful bracelet on your wrist instead. Also, this is one of the biggest days of your life, so there’s no need to focus on what time it is; let someone else handle the planning on your big day.
- Don’t over-accessorize – It may be a cliché, but sometimes, less really is more. If you over-accessorize, you risk looking like you just threw on a ton of extra, unneeded jewelry.
- Don’t compromise your own personal style – We all know our own style and what fits best for us. Don’t try to be something you’re not just for your special day.
Contact Grant Laughter Jewelry Today!
If you happen to have any questions about our jewelry, please feel free to give us a call at (828) 274-5770. We look forward to hearing from you and helping you find the perfect jewelry for your most important occasions.