Custom Jewelry Design
Create A Unique Piece of Jewelry • Remodel Your Existing or Inherited Jewelry • Modify Your Jewelry's Design
We Offer Two Separate Design Options
Custom Design- Let us help you create an entirely new and unique piece of jewelry starting with an idea, picture of concept you have. We work from begining to end under your direct guidance to craft your dream into a reality. Common questions are answered lower in the page.
Jewelry Remodelling - Let us help you keep the sentimental value of your jewelry, but convert it into a style that is comfortable to wear and is modern, fashionable and made with love! Examples would be inheriting a family diamond and creating a new ring using the family diamond, or taking your original engagement ring and updating the style.
Some of Our Previous Designs
The Laughter Family of Jewelers has completed over 5000 custom designs and jewelry remodels. We have the skilled technicians to turn your amazing family heirlooms into a piece of jewelry that you are proud to wear. We specialize in creating unique custom handcrafted jewelry to meet your individual tastes and desires. Our designers will help you turn your unworn jewelry, into a one of a kind special accessory that will have your friends asking where you had it made.
There is nothing like the experience of having your engagement, wedding rings, necklaces, earrings or bracelets personalized and uniquely designed just for you… or any other piece of jewelry that is meaningful and marks a special event or feeling that you want to capture and appreciate for many years to come.
Re-designing your jewelry is also a great way to bring new life to an older piece. Allow us to take an out-of-date design and re-make it into something that you'll be proud to wear every day.
No appointment is necessary to start the conversation of desiging your very own piece of jewelry. Just stop in and visit with one of our design experts like Grant or Jimmy and we will help walk you through the concepts and ideas of creating a unique piece of jewelry. You dont need any information or design concepts, but if you have them that is terrific. Here are some of the most comm questions on jewelry designs.
How much does it cost to have a piece of jewelry custom designed?
$125-4500 is the average cost of designing a piece of jewelry with all the side and accent gemstones. If you have a large prominent gemstone or diamond, plan on adding that to the cost of the design project.
- Sterling Silver is a classic metal to use for designs, and one of the least expensive precious metals to work in. The disadvantage of sterling is the higher upkeep costs and its lower durability compared to others like gold, platinum and palladium. Sterling Silver designs can range from $125-$1500 or more depending on the prominent gemstone type.
- Gold, in yellow white or rose is an excellent choice for custom designed jewelry. Low care and maintenance along with reasonable pricing in 14 & 18 karat gold is why most designs are chosen in gold. Gold designs can range from $300-4500 with all the side and accent gemstones. Larger or precious prominent center diamonds or gemstones should be added to the cost of the design. The average engagement ring custom design, not including the center diamond, is $750-$2500 where the higher end has more gemstone or diamond accents.
- Platinum and Palladium are the most expensive of the precious metals, but their durability, low care and maintenance and multi-generational longevity are unmatched for many gemstone and diamond designs. Platinum and Palladium designs average $1600-4500 with all the side and accent gemstones. Larger or precious prominent center diamond or gemstones should be added to the cost of the design.
How long does it take to custom design a piece of jewelry?
The short answer is 1 Day to 6 Weeks depending on the complexity of your design. Simple designs 1 day to 6 weeks, medium complex design with many gems or design features 2-4 weeks, and extremely complicated designs can take 4-6 weeks.
- A simple classic timeless design can be finished as quickly as the same day and can take as long as a week
- A medium complex design which you might want to copy from a picture or recreate may take 1 week to 6 weeks. We average 2-4 often on this level of design.
- A complicated full out design with sketches, drawings, CAD designs, Printed waxes, revisions and alterations average 4-6 weeks. The time frame can be reduced or lengthened based on your time frame and needs.
Do I need to have an idea in mind or can we look at options?
You can come utterly unprepared. Our first talk is just concepts to begin with so its an easy no pressure way to find out the details of having a piece custom designed.
- It does help the process to have a concept of your time frame. Is it this weekend or next month when you want it?
- It does help the process to have a concept of your budget. If you desire to spend $500 we shouldn't show you $100k design options. It doesn't need to be exact but an idea helps us both get on the same track.
- You dont need to know about diamonds or gemstones. Shape is about the only thing we need in the first part of the design process, and we can show you all of them.
- You dont need to know about metal types and purities or specialty finishes or treatments. We will cover all of those and give you the important information so you can make an informed decision.
I might have some old jewelry, what can I use?
- You dont need anything!
- Your Current Jewelry
- Damaged or Old Jewelry
- Any Piece of Jewelry
- Family Jewelry
- Old Engagement Rings
- Heirloom Jewelry
- Inherited Jewelry
- Inherited Diamonds
- Inherited Gemstones
- Jewelry out of Fashion
- Loose Gemstones
- Loose Diamonds
- Old Watches
What types of custom jewelry can I make?
- Custom Anniversary Rings
- Custom Engagment Rings
- Custom Right Hand Rings
- Custom Fashion Rings
- Custom Necklaces and Neckware
- Custom Hoop Earrings
- Custom Stuf Earrings
- Custom Bracelet
- Custom Anklets
- Custom Piercings
- Custom Watch Bezels
- Custom Pendant
- Custom Dog Tag
- Custom Keychains