Insurance Appraisals in Asheville
Insurance & Fair Market Appraisals
Grant Laughter Jewelry provides some of the most comprehensive appraisal services in Asheville. Generally if you need an appraisal, you know that you item has value and you need an professional document stating the value for your needs. If you are unsure if your item has value, before you pay for an appraisal, we suggest trying our Everyday Estate Evaluations®
We use the latest in gemological and metallurgical laboratory equipment which allows extreme precision on diamond and gemstone details along with quality and precision of manufacturing. Our appraiser will examine your jewelry and provide a clearly legible document which identifies what the quality and type of item you have along with the current market value for them.
Our appraiser is a GIA Graduate Gemologist, International Society of Appraisers Listed, in the National Association of Jewelry Appraisers, and an American Gemological Association Advanced Personal Properties Appraisals Graduate.
The type of appraisal that you need is determined by what you intend to do with your item. There are two distinct type of appraisal services that provide you with very different report portfolios. The two types, Insurance Replacement Appraisal and Fair Market Appraisal are listed below.
Insurance Replacement Appraisal
- The document you will need to have your item covered under your home owners or renters insurance.
- Provides a guideline to your insurance for the type, quality and materials used in your jewelry.
- Provides a price to your insurance what it might cost to recreate this pieces in case of loss, theft, or damage.
Fair Market Appraisal
- What a willing buyer and a willing seller might come together on in our region in a private party selling environment. (IE: Sell it to a friend)
- To establish a value when passing on inheritance
- To find a value in a divorce
- Charitable donation value
We offer our jewelry appraisal services in Asheville every day and most are completed in about a week. We offer appraisal clinics once a month, which gives you an opportunity to bring your jewelry, sit with the appraiser, ask questions, take the items with you after you are done and the paperwork will be ready in about week. There is no additional charge for the clinic service.
Walk in appraisal drop offs can be done any time during our normal business hours. You may use the links below to schedule an appointment to drop off your appraisal items for either the clinic or our traditional service or feel free to call us. Whichever option you choose, remember to bring any existing laboratory reports on the gems or diamonds and any pre-existing appraisals.