How to Upgrade Your Jewelry
Trade In • Sell & Change Styel • Redesign • Remodel •
A lovely aspect of jewelry is wearing it for a lifetime, and being able to sell or trade it in!
Beside a home, its one of the few items a person possess that can retain some resale value.
Remodeling or redesigning your jewelry is one of the best ways to bring new life to an older piece or a family diamond. We specialize in creating custom handcrafted jewelry that will enable you to wear your new piece in confidence. We will assist and walk through the entire process with you from finding out the latest styles and jewelry fashion, creating sketches and 3d CAD models, printed wax models for you to try on, to the final fit and polishes. Let us help turn your jewelry into a modern masterpiece.
How much does it cost to have jewelry remodelled?
$500-$2500 is the average cost of designing a piece of jewelry with all the side and accent gemstones.
- While we are evaluating your item for remodel, we will use the latest tools and our industry experience to recommend addressing any issues with gems or materials that there may be
- We will advise, if wanted, on which gemstones have the highest value and which would work well for your design.
- We will advise, if wanted, which color metals and gemstones to use to create the best design aesthetically
How long does it take to remake a piece of jewelry?
3 Days to 6 weeks, depending on the complexity of your design. Simple designs 3 day to 6 weeks, medium complex designs with many gems or design features 2-4 weeks, and extremely complicated designs can take 4-6 weeks.
- Simply changing the color of your ring can be done as quickly as 3 days. Say your engagement ring is yellow gold but you want white gold now.
- Taking a gemstone or diamond from one ring, and placing it into another can be as quick as 1 day, or if you want a designer name brand ring potentially 2 weeks.
- Creating a unique and amazing piece of jewelry from an existing piece can take the longest at upto 4-6 weeks. We average 4 weeks on extremely complex designs.
Do I need to have an idea in mind?
You can come utterly unprepared. We prefer to start the redesign process by asking questions, showing you current options to get what you like and dont like, and finding out many of the design based questions. It's an enjoyable and creative process, so technical information isn't important to start the process.
- Knowing when you want the completed design is helpful. Do you need this in a month or next week?
- Knowing a rough idea of your budget is helpful. Are you spending hundreds, thousands, or hundreds of thousands?
- Bring any and all items you are considering. Pieces can be used together, and the gold and silver can be used to offset the cost. You dont have to use the pieces, but it's better to have a larger starting base to work with.